The National Council for Behavioral Health is the unifying voice of America’s health care organizations that deliver mental health and addictions treatment and services. Together with our 2,900 member organizations serving over 10 million adults, children and families living with mental illnesses and addictions, the National Council is committed to all Americans having access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery. The National Council introduced Mental Health First Aid USA and more than 1 million Americans have been trained.
The National Council is a 501(c)(3) association that advocates for policies that ensure people who have mental health and substance use disorders have access to comprehensive, evidence-based health care services. Our state-of-the-science education and practice improvement resources include:
- Mental Health First Aid USA– 1 million people have learned the skills to identify and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges.
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions – Nationwide technical assistance on integrating primary and behavioral health care.
- National Council Conference – The best in leadership, organizational development and excellence in mental health and addictions practice.
- National Council Magazine – Perspectives on current trends and hot topics in mental health and addictions from leaders in our profession.
- National Council Webinars– Meet experts on key mental health and addictions topics online.
- Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research – Examines the organization, financing, delivery and outcomes of behavioral health services.