AMERICAN PACKAGING CORPORATION
American Packaging Corporation (APC) is one of the top flexible packaging converters serving customers throughout North America. We are always seeking to improve our operations, deliver more innovation and value, and give back to our local communities. Our longstanding success as customer flexible packaging suppliers has been fueled by our commitment to providing more innovation, more quality, and more responsive customer service, along with our strategic investments in the latest technology.
Experienced Machine Operator
LOCATION: Story City, IA
SUMMARY: Assist in daily operations of the Flexographic press.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Participates in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety Program fundamentals to aid American Packaging Corporation's efforts to achieve a zero-accident rate.
* Retrieves all necessary set up information/specifications/guidelines and follows instructions on the job jacket.
* Completes all machine changeover/set-up processes minimizing machine downtime and meeting or exceeding set-up standard requirements. Develop set up procedure documentation as required.
* Correctly completes daily production sheets, process condition sheets, waste logs, final release forms, ink paperwork and quality inspection logs. Ensure job order information (size, construction, print position, packing instructions, adhesive structures, proper substrates being used) corresponds with the product being manufactured.
* Safely, efficiently and effectively assists with the assigned production machinery equipment monitoring quality, production and waste adhering to all customer specifications.
* Ensures immediate work area and work areas for which Machine Operator has responsibility are free of clutter and debris. Perform all cleaning/sanitation responsibilities, safely using all required cleaning solutions and protective equipment.
* Removes rolls from rewind, hangs rolls on rewind, makes up doctor blades, preps print carriages, brings correct inks and lacquers to the press, configures ink ratios, disposes of ink, solvents and lacquers, maintains ink viscosities and cuts cores.
* Ability to operate the viscosity control system.
* Ensures all required on-line quality data is properly documented.
* Monitors all quality requirements as outlined by company procedure and specification. Completes necessary sheets for quality checks.
* Actively participates in safety programs and completes required safety observations. Understands and follows plant safety rules.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled meetings (Continuous Quality Improvement, safety, special projects, departmental, etc.).
* Able to work all scheduled shifts and required overtime hours.
* Trains new employees as necessary.
*High School Diploma or Equivalent
*1 year previous Machine Operator experience
American Packaging Corporation is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. American Packaging Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at ACareers@ampkcorp.com.