|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Company:||Catholic Health Initiatives|
|Job Location(s):||Des Moines, IA|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Social Services/Community, Healthcare - Pharmacy/Laboratory, Healthcare - Technologists/Technicians|
Visually evaluates cell samples from patients of diverse ages and assists with collection.
* Performs both routine and special diagnostic procedures related to cancer detection requiring application of principles and theories of cytology to produce a reliable diagnostic result.
* Performs diagnostic microscopic evaluation of cytology slides.
* Follows established quality control measures and procedures.
* Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of laboratory computer system as it is used in cytology.
* Fully understands and is committed to providing quality service to all laboratory clients, both internal and external.
* Utilizes LEAN principles/productivity standards.
* Uses professional judgment in handling situations not covered in the written job description. Refers to someone qualified to handle a problem or situation when not qualified to deal with it personally.
* Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information.
* Demonstrates the following customer service/interpersonal skills:
* Takes personal responsibility for work, actions and attitudes.
* Respects patients, peers, clients, students, physicians, service representatives, and other hospital staff.
* Demonstrates positive and effective communication skills.
* Cooperates with peers and other hospital staff to build and maintain an effective healthcare team.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Completion of a 12-month accredited cytotechnology program.
* Board of Registry certification in cytology, CT (ASCP). A person may be hired into this position if he/she has completed the requirements for registration but has not successfully completed the exam. However, the exam must be successfully completed within one year subsequent to hiring.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers