|# of Openings||1|
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
Gannett Fleming’s seasoned team of architects is currently looking for a Project Architect with diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices,(8) eight or more years of experience, uses advanced techniques, and
- has responsibility for finished plans, specifications and material approval;
- acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities. - supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters;
- responsible to manage project assignments including the project schedule and managing the schedule with limited input from a supervisor;
- supervises a small staff of project disciplines including architects, engineers, and technicians;
- capable of interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments, staff, and scope of work based on client requirements
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Prepares project documents for assigned projects including initial thru final plans, specifications, and material approval. Responsible to develop sheet set-up on project drawings, drawing schedules, plans, design project details, and specifications.
• Responsible to manage project work and design team staff during construction including but not limited to submittal tasks, field inspections, RFI’s, supplemental work including sketches, or material approval during submittal review process.
• Generates cost estimates and calculations in support of architectural activities involving the design of architectural systems, components, or features.
• Researches and gathers project design information for review with project architect to fulfill the design intent. Information will be used for cost estimating and specifications.
• Prepares redline mark-ups for project drawings and specifications; and distributes / manages the process with the project team for completion of the project work.
• Supervises and administers the preparation of 3D imaging
• Prepare code evaluation on projects
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: New York, NY
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2019-5884