If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 54070
This position is for an Acoustic Filter Design 2020 Summer/Fall Co-Op in the Mobile Solutions Business Unit at the Skyworks Irvine design center as part of a group of filter design engineers in support of high-volume front-end radio modules for cellular handset applications.
The successful candidate will possess a reasonable understanding of electromagnetics, microwave acoustics, and RF design, and be a driven, committed team player. Our acoustic filter design team is responsible for designing and simulating SAW and BAW filters and the surrounding RF module environment.
Our acoustic filter design engineers design and simulate SAW and BAW filters and duplexers in a fast-paced team environment. Filter designers work closely with power amplifier (PA) designers, RF switch designers, systems engineers, and other module design engineers to co-design RF modules using a holistic approach.
The filter design engineer's responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Designing BAW- and SAW-based duplexers, quadplexers, and other filters for cellular handset applications
- Designing evaluation boards and RF modules or portions thereof for optimal filter performance
- Electromagnetic modeling of filters in their module environment
- Integrating multiple filters and duplexers together, in combination with RF switches, to facilitate carrier aggregation (CA)
- Utilizing design of experiments (DOE) and other experimental methods to improve filter performance and model correlation
- Laying out photo masks and completing necessary documentation for SAW filter fabrication
- Assembling, measuring, deembedding, and reporting on the performance of filters and filter modules
- Participating in and conducting design reviews
Software tools used include:
- Ansys HFSS and Mechanical
- Keysight ADS and Momentum
- Cadence SIP and Virtuoso
- Various custom filter design and modeling applications
- Currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering (or related) PhD program.
- Should have career interest in RF Engineering, filters, microwave acoustics, or RF MEMS
- Should have lab experience, including working with network analyzers and other RF test equipment
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please note that Skyworks will be provide both round-trip relocation and a housting stipend for any student who is moving/relocating at least 50+ miles form their home/campus to the Irvine, CA area for this Co-Op position.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Entry Level Engineer, Engineering, Technology