AMERICAN PACKAGING CORPORATION
American Packaging Corporation (APC) is one of the top flexible packaging converters serving customers throughout North America. We are always seeking to improve our operations, deliver more innovation and value, and give back to our local communities. Our longstanding success as customer flexible packaging suppliers has been fueled by our commitment to providing more innovation, more quality, and more responsive customer service, along with our strategic investments in the latest technology.
ENTRY LEVEL MANUFACTURING
LOCATION: Story City, IA
SUMMARY: Adhere to all safety guidelines and aid in areas including but not limited to sanitation, machine set-up and housekeeping. Assist the Slitter Operator in properly operating the Deacro, Black Clawson and Incotek Slitting Machines in the safest, most effective and efficient manner while adhering to established quality standards. Visually and manually inspect finished product meeting quality standards while working effectively as a member of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety Program fundamentals to aid American Packaging Corporation's efforts to achieve a zero accident rate.
* Participate in developing, understanding and following all SOP's.
* Read, understand, interpret and utilize all information retrieved from job jackets, print spec sheets and the Op spec sheets.
* Perform and manage all necessary cleaning and housekeeping duties.
* Perform and manage machine set-ups/changeovers by utilizing the information on job jackets, print spec sheets and the Op spec sheets.
* Possess a thorough understanding of the quality standards. Conduct, document, interpret and act upon all data obtained during QA tests.
* Visually and manually inspect finished product ensuring all customer quality standards are achieved.
* Be actively involved in machine changeovers to slitter operators in this process.
* Be able to demonstrate the procedure/knowledge of the bar code system in order to ensure accurate inventory control.
* Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. This includes all Quality Assurance tests and daily Production Reports which document production, waste and set-up time.
* Successfully qualify and operate core cutter.
* Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings (Continuous Quality Improvement, safety, special projects, departmental, etc.).
* Safely operate a fork truck to remove printed rolls from pallets and stack racks slitter machine operation.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Perform Slitter Operator duties to provide coverage for breaks, vacation, and or absences.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
*High School Diploma or Equivalent
*3 to 6 months work experience
*Ability to lift up to 50lbs
*Experience within a Manufacturing environment
American Packaging Corporation is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. American Packaging Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact our Human Resources department at ACareers@ampkcorp.com.