DaVita is a leading provider of in-center and home dialysis in the United States, serving over 200,000 patients across 2600 centers. The Clinical Enterprise (CE) team partners with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO), field operations and DaVita IKC* to improve clinical outcomes for patients today and prepare for integrated care at scale. This includes developing and rolling out key clinical initiatives to reduce hospitalizations, support patients dialyzing at home and improve patient quality of life.
We're on a mission to revolutionize kidney care and investing extensively in developing both our model of care and our team. We're looking for a strategic leader with a solution-oriented mindset to consistently and proactively seek ways to improve clinical outcomes, achieve key business goals, inspire teammates and operationalize new ideas and insights.
The Sr. Manager, Strategy & Special Projects on the Clinical Enterprise (CE) team is responsible for managing key strategic projects and operational initiatives. This individual will work with a cross-functional team of clinical, operating, and business leaders throughout Clinical Enterprise, DaVita's Home team, Finance, People Services, Field Operations, the Insurance Management Team and DaVita Integrated Kidney Care (DaVita IKC) to optimize the value our Social Workers deliver to our patients. In addition to leading various strategic projects focused on Home Dialysis and supporting key operational goals, this individual will also provide oversight for the development and execution of all social work related communications to the field.
This strategic leader has a strong background in strategy and operations, is a strong, relatable communicator and has a track record of success leading high impact, cross-functional projects that deliver results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive:
- Strategy & Project Execution
- Creates, implements, and leads adoption of processes and solutions to improve clinical outcomes, enhance social work teammate engagement and improve operational performance.
- Leverages hypotheses-based approach to identify, validate, and quantify opportunities
- Leads and influences creation of scalable solutions, informed by both data and stakeholder input.
- Develops and communicates project scope, timeline, plan, resource requirements, and assumptions.
- Oversees and manages Analysts/Managers to deliver on routine and special project reporting and project deliverables; provides coaching and project sponsorship, removes barriers as necessary.
- Maintains strong working relationships with Social Work leaders, IMT, Finance, People Services, DaVita Home, Clinical Enterprise and other cross functional teams as needed.
- Communications Leadership
- Leads development and execution of communications plan to field social workers and leadership; includes quarterly all teammate calls and various email communications.
- Collaborates with SMEs on content development to align with key messages and to achieve a consistent voice and tone.
- Partners with leadership to manage key relationships across the village.
- Operational Support for CE Social Work & Behavioral Health Team
- Manages portfolio of projects, assists team with goal development and tracking, supports business reviews and serves as a thought partner.
- Maintains strong working relationships with SW National Team and Division Leads.
- Plans and facilitates various stakeholder meetings.
- May represent social work and behavioral health in various collaboration meetings; engaging clinical subject matter experts as needed.
- 6+ years of progressive experience, including at least 2 years in a strategic or operational leadership role
- Experience in consulting, investment banking or healthcare services preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint.
- Travel up to 25%.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
Our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled and advance in their careers. When you join our team, you can expect...
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training and a commitment to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based compensation and a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
If you have a passion for innovation, the spirit to inspire and a commitment to improving patient care, come help us revolutionize healthcare!
Go to to learn more or apply.
*DaVita IKC programs operate under the DaVita IKC and VillageHealth brands for VillageHealth DM, LLC and Total Renal Care, Inc.2000 16th Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States of America
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.