We are currently looking to hire a Research Assistant for our In-Vivo team in Ann Arbor, MI.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in life sciences*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience with in vivo pharmacology will be considered in lieu of Bachelors' Degree
- EXPERIENCE: Zero to one year including internship experience
- OTHER: Good interpersonal skills. Ability and willingness to learn new things. Animal handling experience preferred but not required. Computer literacy preferred. Mechanical knowledge preferred but not required.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: LAT Certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and substances of unknown hazard.
- Must function and adequately perform all responsibilities associated with the job while adhering to various established safety and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and potentially caustic chemicals and substances of unknown hazard. Must function while adhering to various PPE requirements. Noise level in Vivarium is moderate to loud.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend and move within rack/bubble environment.
- Spends time in Cage Wash/Boiler Room. Conditions are humid, wet, warm, and noise level is high. Risk of potential electrical shock and falls.
- Regularly works with animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic diseases and biohazards.
- Laboratory is BioSafety Level II.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday and/or afterhours shift coverage, as needed.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.