We have an rare opportunity for a Principal Investigator to lead our Immunochemistry Study Team in Somerset, NJ. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be a part of this life-saving work!
Looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual to lead a team of individual to develop assays and analyze study sample in support of customers' drug development programs. Responsible for the development of assays using immunoassay methods, including ELISA, MSD, Cell based assays and others, in support of regulated pre-clinical and clinical bioanalytical studies for drug development programs.
- Able to lead and direct scientific work to support external methods and projects.
- Serves as a responsible scientist/principal investigator for non-regulated, GLP regulated and GCP regulated studies as applicable.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of scientific advances, analytical techniques, instrumentation, methodology, regulatory compliance and industry guidelines relevant to bioanalysis.
- Proactively promote process improvement initiatives, such as automation.
- Proactively identifies and responds to circumstances that may affect study success
- Develops and reviews protocols and sample analysis plans.
- Independently reviews and approves raw data.
- Reviews and approves reports for scientific accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures on time delivery of high quality data and reports.
- Serves as a point of contact for the client.
- Works with the client to determine project requirements.
- Provides a technical resource for less experienced team members.
- Ensures that any circumstances that may affect the quality and integrity of the study are identified and documented as they occur and appropriate corrective action taken.
- Actively promotes collaboration within and across groups.
- Develop team members including mentoring, coaching and training.
- Promotes a positive impression of Covance internally and within the industry.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and manage workload for large and complex projects.
- Manages time effectively
Why People choose to work at Covance?
At Covance, it's our people that make us great - it's what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our employees say. Here, you'll have the opportunity to work with extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You'll discover your own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and beyond. We help our clients develop medicines that improve health and improve lives of their family and friends.Education/Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Immunology/Immunochemistry or related discpline, M.S. degree in Immunochemistry or related discipline with 3+ years of experience or B.S. degree with 6+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent work experience in an approprite scientific discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software
- Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.