The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 220 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS seeks a summer intern to support the Development Office. The Development Office Intern is part of the development team at CSIS that strategically develops and strengthens financial support from corporations, foundations, governments, and individuals to advance CSIS’s institutional goals and objectives. The development team seeks an energetic, detailed-oriented individual to assist with donor prospecting and retention, research, and to provide general administrative support. The internship would offer an opportunity to acquire experience and exposure to fundraising with corporate and foundation partners, while gaining a broader understanding of international affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Writing technical materials such as donor briefs, proposals, and reports related to development and fundraising
• Helping to maintain database of donors and prospects, namely updating mailing information of donors; maintaining records of donor contacts
• Conducting prospect research to identify potential corporate, foundation, and government donors
• Assisting in the logistics for meetings, roundtables, and high-level events with internal staff, donors, and the public, including coordinating materials for guests for monthly events
• Helping to assemble solicitations and other materials for corporate and foundation donors
• Assist with regular mailings of acknowledgement letters, renewal notices, and outreach materials
• Assisting with ad hoc projects for the Development Office as the need arises
• Full time (3 months consecutively) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least a college junior, graduate student, or a recent graduate
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
• Excellent research, writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with ability to work well under deadlines and with competing tasks
• Keen attention to detail and highly organized
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
• Knowledge of and interest in international relations, nonprofit management, fundraising and communications preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM applications is a plus
• Ability to work independently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the regular use of a computer, ability to move throughout the building, greet guests, and occasionally serve beverages and lift up to ten pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Affirmative Action/Equal
Interested applicants please submit your resume, cover letter and college transcript at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com/