The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The CSIS Wadhwani Chair in U.S.-India Policy Studies aims to unlock the full potential of the U.S.-India relationship and leads the Center's work on India. The Chair serves as an independent platform to pursue policy changes that strengthen bilateral ties, placing special emphasis on accelerating economic development in India and promoting greater business and economic engagement between the two countries. The CSIS Wadhwani Chair has also become the world’s leading authority on state-level political-economic issues in India, leading multiple funded projects to expand subnational engagement with India.
CSIS is currently seeking candidates for full-time, unpaid internships with the India Chair. There is a 3-month tenure to the internship, though extensions are occasionally possible.
This internship position is will begin in late July. Applications Due by July 7.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will be responsible for consistent engagement, coordination, and communication with a variety of stakeholders in organizations and governments in India and the United States and across CSIS projects. Responsibilities include:
• Identify important policy updates and new reports related to Indian and US state-level relevant policies and energy developments.
• Maintain a library of state-level relevant policies and identifying opportunities for further research.
• Make initial edits and track down primary source documents for our “Indian States Weekly” update.
• Assist in preparing of materials for the project webpage, including partnerships, announcements, and event summaries.
• Handle social media as it pertains to the project events and partnerships.
• Assist in drafting newsletters, press releases, event invitations, etc.
• Assist in preparing briefing materials and creating PowerPoints for senior staff.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
• Applicants that have recently completed or are currently enrolled in a Master’s program are preferred
• Strong writing skills are critical – a background in editing is preferred
• Background of work on/in Indian states or on energy a plus.
• Computer and mobile phone / technology sufficient to work from home.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States and commit at least 35 hours per week
• Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Must have demonstrated experience managing competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Hindi language ability not required but highly desirable
• Ability to work in a team environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and college transcript at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com.