We are looking for a Software Development Engineer Intern to help us with our FortiRobot project this Summer 2020!
FortiRobot is a roaming robot that has two major objectives:
* Automatically explore floors to collect Wifi signal strength and draw heatmaps to help enterprises for their Wifi deployment or networking quality monitoring.
* Work as security patrol, that can take the duties of human to do 7x24 monitoring of warehouses, or companies.
In this role you will assist in developing ROS based autonomous robots and its applications in one or more of the following areas:
* Perception with a variety of sensors
* Logic and Control
* Currently enrolled in a Master's or Bachelor's Degree program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields.
* Experience in one of the following languages: Python, C++, or C
* Hands on experience with design & assembling prototypes
* Hands on experience with robotic sensors/motors/Servo technologies (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)
* Experience with robotic programming and communication protocols (e.g. PCL, Eigen, ROS, CERES)
* Can do attitude and results driven.