The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.Job Description
Process Support Technician
Kraft Heinz Company
Mason City, IA
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking Process Support Technicians to work at our production facility in Mason City, IA. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated and be willing to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position supports the daily operation of the Process area for the facility.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Candidates must be willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts alternating days and nights,
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Background in a manufacturing environment or technical background with electrical,
mechanical or automation experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Allen Bradley PLC
- Powder and liquid handling equipment
- Heat transfer equipment
- Technical background and electrical, mechanical or automation experience
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision - we offer a variety of benefit plans to choose from
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account
- Also: Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term Disability, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program and Pet Insurance
- Starting rate of $22.97/hourwith opportunities to advance to $27.40 and eligibility for overtime compensation
- Starting with 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12-hour rotating shifts alternating days and nights, including weekends and holidays
Plant & Community Overview:
- 1987 - national pudding roll-out with 2 production lines. By 2003, there were 9 lines.
- 2017 - our plant met an extensive list of criteria and won 2nd place in the Kraft Heinz Factory Championship
- 2019 - our plant was awarded a multi-million-dollar plant expansion for the addition of new product lines
- Products: Refrigerated Ready-to-Eat Jell-O gels, puddings and cheesecake
- Over 180 employees
- Plant runs 24 hours a day / 7 days per week. This continuous process is supported by four shift teams.
- No product recalls - ever
Welcome to Mason City:
An acceptable candidate will be self-motivated and consider safety the number one priority. Responsibilities include but are not limited to equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, leading and participating in process and equipment improvement projects, identifying and executing improvements, and clearly communicating with peers and other support staff. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Strong, clear communication and interpersonal skills are a must
Self-motivated with regular and prompt attendance
Considers safety the #1 priority
Responsibilities & Duties:
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Location(s)Mason City PlantEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Independently problem solve repairs and breakdowns in the processing area
- Determine operational/mechanical failures for all processing equipment
- Repair or replace materials and equipment for daily plant operations
- Help operators develop their maintenance skills when appropriate
- Perform Shift Lead duties, including facilitation of DDS meetings
- Perform assigned planned work repairs, preventive and predictive activities in a quality manner. Identification of preventive and predictive work should be a continuous improvement process that leads to reduce equipment failures. The Process Support Operator will provide feedback about assigned tasks that will improve the equipment database and the quality of the tasks in SAP
- Lead major equipment rebuilds as assigned, utilizing the skills of others assigned to assist. Planned and scheduled work is most efficiently and effectively accomplished on day shifts. As operators become more capable of performing minor repairs and adjustments, the Process Support Operator will be utilized increasingly to accomplish planned work. Others with less skills will assist to both improve their skill levels, and to accomplish the work
- Install new equipment and support capital projects as assigned
- Get/kit parts from Stores as needed. CMMS is the tool used to document equipment data and asset care information, which is continuously upgraded as part of the change management process. The Process Support Operator will utilize SAP to identify and locate parts for assigned tasks
- Enter data in SAP accurately and completely. Reliability improvement is a data driven multi-functional effort. The Process Support Operator will provide equipment history data that will be utilized to improve reliability
- Participate in identifying repetitive equipment failures and participate in resolution of issues as a subject matter expert. Everyone in the plant should identify needed work. The Process Support Operator will, in the course of performing assigned tasks, identify equipment condition issues that need to be addressed
- Identification of preventive and predictive work should be a continuous improvement process that leads to reduced equipment failures. The Process Support Operator will participate in resolving repetitive problems. Often this resolution will include developing new or improved preventive or predictive tasks
- Work actively to acquire the skills needed to conduct equipment maintenance tasks plant-wide, and to maintain those skills
- Conduct the second effort at troubleshooting to identify equipment issues and perform emergency equipment repairs. Provide coaching to operators to improve their troubleshooting skills
- Participate on Teams as required: i.e. Safety, etc.
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.